That's normally the title of your first program when you're learning to code.
You make a program that prints "Hello World!" or "Hi [name here]!"
It's kinda cool because it makes you feel a teensy bit accomplished, even though in these very early stages, your fingers are still stumbling over the keys as you try to figure out how to make it work.
I think that's kind of how I'm feeling now.
I'm normally incredible verbose and have an opinion about everything. I like to write -- or I at least say I do -- and I often jot down the things I am thinking to help ease the weight it strains on my mind.
I sometimes have racing thoughts. It's a little bit scary, but I've learned to live with it. Writing helps. I don't think I have any anxiety disorders, not one unlike the majority of young adults living in America at least. I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder three years ago and got an actual nervous twitch in my finger for a while. But that was pretty long ago, and I think I'm better.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that, similar to the initial stages of confusion and oft outright bewilderment at computing, I feel as though I am a little unsure what to write for my first post of this blog.
It's pretty late at night, and I have two tests and a Python program do tomorrow, but similarly to my fellow college students, I'm still awake and procrastinating. There's nothing too pressing on my mind, although when I do have the racing thoughts, they're normally too fast for me to even comprehend or consider.
I could explore the innermost workings of the prison industrial complex, which I discussed with a friend this morning, or the semantics of Affirmative Action in regards to higher education. I could expand upon computer science and coding and why I think it needs to be taught more in the American public school system, despite being absolutely abhorrent in the field. I could even talk about my favorite YouTube vloggers, who are all mostly buzzing about the upcoming SXSW festival, and rightly so since it's one of the most exciting times of the year.
However, I feel that'd be a bit much for a first post.
So this post is about nothing.
That isn't to say it doesn't contain anything; it is actually about the subject of nothing. The propensity to carry on an entire conversation (or, in this case, a blog post) about no subject in particular. It's pretty fascinating. This is similar to what I do for English papers.
Well, I can't go on about nothing forever, so I'll close with this. Hopefully my little coding metaphor turns out to be true and I can grow this blog exponentially in the same way one hones their talent the more they practice. I guess time can only tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment