-->

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Pixel Perfect: Responsive Web Development and Minimalist Design

I love the Internet. That doesn't make me any different than any other kid in my generation; it's a majority of where we consume information and entertainment. What I love the most about it is how malleable it is. Anyone and everyone can add their own notches and tweaks to bits and pieces of the Internet and it's amazing.

This summer I learned about responsive web design, which is a website's ability to recognize the medium on which you view it. It accurately sizes and resizes itself to display correctly on a mobile device, tablet, and laptops. It can recognize if your device is touchscreen-enabled and adjust correctly to your device.

I also learned about the internet's new obsession with simple, minimalistic design online. There is a sort of shifting from eye-popping, loud, colorful aesthetics to the usage of more white space, thinner texts, and cleaner, simpler layouts of websites. The color and vibrancy comes from high-definition images and color palette themes of the website. Websites such as apple.com and mashable.com look very similar because they employ very similar aspects in design.

While responsive design and simple layouts are two of many up and coming new trends in web design, I feel they are the most important because it helps gives the user an uncluttered and easy way to view content. I think this new design revolution will stick around for a while because it works so well. I'm down for it because I appreciate how it enhances the Internet experience and I'd love to learn even more about web development and design and how I can use it to better my sites and myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment