-->

Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

On meeting your idols

I've met a lot of people today and my day isn't nearly at an end.




I got to meet Nathan Fillion, Clark Gregg, Internet comedy duo BriTANik, Tom Lank, and most recently Franchesca Ramsey.

Despite the reigning fame of the aforementioned, the one I was most excited about was Franchesca Ramsey. She's a young black woman in technology and a hilarious YouTube vlogger. Except for her Internet fame, I feel we share a lot of aspirations. I want to become successful in the digital age, namely in web programming and designing. I realize this is a difficult field to break into as a woman, and especially as a black woman.

But I look to her and she has done it with such ease. And I see her success and I can't help but hope for he same.

I'm going to her meet up in about an hour to meet again and hopefully hold a full conversation. I want to tell her about myself without sounding too conceited or nervous, so hopefully I can find a way to achieve this. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment